Fujifilms kommende speilrefleks byr på en del funksjoner vi aldri har sett før. At bildebrikken består av forskjellige sensorer for høylys og mørkere partier har vi sett før i Fujifilm FinePix F700, men nytt er det at man selv kan velge miksen mellom de såkalte S-og R-pikslene, og dermed også påvirke det dynamiske omfanget kameraet kan takle.
For fotografer som foretrekker utseendet til gammeldags film, vil S3 Pro også ha en filmsimuleringsfunksjon. Om kameraet kan simulere annet enn Fujifilms egne filmtyper er foreløpig ikke kjent. Mer informasjon i Fujifilms offisielle pressemelding:
Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro: the vital statistics unveiled
Adjustable dynamic range and film simulation modes raise the standard for digital SLRs
With excitement building towards the retail availability of the FinePix S3 Pro digital SLR, Fujifilm today announced that the camera of choice for many enthusiast and professional photographers will be available in late October 2004, with a number of previously unannounced features, including adjustable dynamic range and film simulation modes.
The FinePix S3 Pro is the culmination of Fujifilm´s professional photography heritage and imaging know-how. The FinePix S3 Pro sets itself apart from its competitors by using Fujifilm´s proprietary Super CCD SR II sensor – a new and advanced image processor – and a number of professional controls developed exclusively for this camera. With knowledge gained from years of dedication to the professional photography community, Fujifilm understands that a quality image is about more than just resolution, and therefore created the FinePix S3 Pro to bring the digital picture closer to film standards than ever before.
Photographers shooting with the FinePix S3 Pro will experience greater dynamic range, improved tonal capabilities, exceptional colour balance, and better signal-to-noise ratios: all factors that contribute to a colourful, clear and detail-rich picture.Highlights of the FinePix S3 Pro include:
- Improved dynamic range: whether film or digital, a wider dynamic range is critical to image quality. The unique double photodiode structure (6.17 million S-pixels and 6.17 million R-pixels) of the Super CCD SR II sensor will produce dynamic range approximately 400% greater than that of a CCD working on a single-pixel design, capturing the finest detail in even the highest contrast scenes.
- Adjustable Dynamic Range: breaking free of confinement, professional photographers now have the option of adjusting the camera´s dynamic range, changing the mixing ratio between the FinePix S3 Pro´s ´S-´ and ´R-pixels´.
- Film simulation modes: a feature unique to the FinePix S3 Pro and developed thanks to Fujifilm´s history and expertise in film. Photographers who prefer the look and ´feel´ of traditional film can replicate the results of various reversal and negative films, while shooting digitally with the FinePix S3 Pro.
- Colour spaces: the FinePix S3 Pro will offer a choice of sRGB and Adobe RGB to generate the colour best suited to the photographic task in hand.
- Selectable RAW capture modes: sometimes, a smaller file is needed for quick viewing. With the FinePix S3 Pro, the user will be able to ´turn off´ the expanded dynamic range function without losing resolution.
- Lightning-fast start-up: the FinePix S3 Pro is ready in the blink of an eye, going from ´off´ to ´ready-to-shoot´ in half a second – with any compatible media type.
- D-TTL Flash Exposure Metering System: photographers can take advantage of a host of creative options, and achieve outstanding results with all Nikon-compatible Speedlights.
- Dual shutter release buttons: photographers will appreciate the addition of a second shutter release button, positioned on the camera body for easier vertical shooting.
- High-speed dual image interfaces: the FinepPix S3 Pro provides IEEE 1394 (FireWire) and USB 2.0 interfaces for camera control (IEEE 1394 only) and ultra-fast image transfer.
- 10-pin Nikon electric remote socket: expanding the remote shooting capabilities of the FinePix S3 Pro.